Wondering what’s the best type of content for your marketing strategy? Check out the 13 incredible content formats to add to your digital marketer’s toolbox.
Content marketing has several advantages over other marketing methods, from equity building to brand authority.
With the right pieces in place, a marketer can maximize their content marketing efforts.
To help you navigate the landscape, we’ve compiled a list of the 13 most effective types of content marketing in a marketer’s arsenal. From interactive content to whitepapers to webinar series, we’ll help you determine which type is right for you and your business.
Blogs have been around, and it’s still worth being a must-have tool in your quiver. However, the way people blog has drastically evolved over the years.
Today, blogging is about creating value-oriented, engaging blog posts that explore topics of interest to your target audience. It’s an intelligent way to build authority on a subject to draw in relevant visitors, keep existing customers engaged, and add new perspectives to your online presence.
Related Article: Evolving Trends in Mobile Marketing to Keep You Ahead of The Game
But what are the latest trends in blogging? What are the main blogging pointers to remember when creating posts? Let’s unpack the process of the latest and greatest tool in this era of digital marketing.
- Generate Ideas: Brainstorm topics of interest related to your business that you can regularly blog about.
- Research: Research your topics to ensure your content is comprehensive and up-to-date.
- Plan: Create an editorial calendar to plan your blog post schedule, topics, and content.
- Write: Begin creating the actual blog posts using your research, ideas, and words that engage your readers.
- Optimize: Optimize the post for search engine optimization purposes.
- Publish: Launch your blog post on your website with promotional tactics to get more readers.
- Analyze: Monitor the success of your post by reviewing the analytics for your blog.
- Update: Update existing blog posts or create new ones to remain relevant.
With every new Google update, this content format has evolved with a greater focus on the user. Some fundamental characteristics of the blogging content format include:
Quality content doesn’t just get shared and discussed. It also gets indexed and ranked by search engines, helping to bring more traffic to your website. Quality content must benefit the readers while being implicitly persuasive. Persuasive content typically leads to conversions. So, focus on creating interesting and comprehensive content with a clear call to action.
Concise and Informational
Keep it short and sweet but remember to include enough information. The attention span of an average online reader is less than 15 seconds. Your readers don’t have the time to wade through convoluted walls of text. Keep your point in check and drop any fluff.
Engaging and Focused
Always stay engaged with readers, and keep focus. Blogging is more than just writing a post and throwing it out into the abyss of the internet.
Interacting with your readers demonstrates your brand’s commitment to customer service and building customer relationships.
With these trends and tips in mind, you can utilize this content format to create engaging and highly effective blog posts.
Content marketing can be a minefield – how do you ensure you stay on top of the latest trends and your audience’s needs? The answer lies in a highly engaging content format: webinars.
With webinars, you can get insight from industry experts, learn from your peers and learn more about the latest trends in your industry. Use it to access content from experts worldwide and receive valuable information about a specific topic.
Some unique benefits of webinars are:
Webinars let you network and build relationships in your niche. You can connect with other professionals, ask questions, and share ideas. You will get inspired and may even come away with new contacts or joint venture opportunities.
It’s one of those content formats for marketing that don’t require extensive budgets. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on travel and registration for an in-person event, your audience gets the same quality content and access by attending a webinar.
What’s in it for your audience? They’ll get up-to-date information, new contacts, and more significant insights into what works best. All of this is at the low cost of attending a conference. What’s not to like?
White Papers & eBooks
Content marketing has grown beyond just blog posts and social media content. White papers and eBooks have become a cornerstone of content marketing for many businesses.
What are White Papers & eBooks?
eBooks and White papers are long-form content pieces that act as authoritative sources of information.
Typically, they heavily feature research and data-driven insights and are written educationally. This content is designed to help readers understand a niche topic or solve a problem.
While white papers focus on reporting facts, eBooks typically include more storytelling elements to make them more palatable for readers.
You can effectively use this content format to market a product or service or increase awareness of the business’s brand.
At the end of the content, the reader should understand the value, features, and benefits of the product or service being sold.
Benefits of White Papers & eBooks
Because of their authoritative content, eBooks often rank for important industry keywords in search result pages, thus helping to attract more leads and customers. Additionally, due to their more educational structure and design, white papers and eBooks can easily re-purpose your content into various formats and sources. That’s great if you want to get your message and ideas out to a broader audience.
How to Use this Format for Marketing?
Apart from being excellent sources of information, they also have substantial promotional potential.
The key to successful white papers is to find a way to make the content relevant to your business. Your aim should be to provide readers with helpful information that can be used immediately.
Here are some tips to get your started with whitepapers:
- Focus on creating content that is both helpful and informative.
- Find ways to get your content seen by your target audience. It includes sharing content on social media, email campaigns, and other forms of content promotion.
- Look for ways to re-purpose your content into other formats, such as videos, podcasts, and webinars.
White papers and eBooks serve as a valuable part of content marketing strategy.
By creating high-quality, unique content and putting in place effective promotion strategies, you can start to successfully market your business with content that’ll be read and remembered.
Live streaming reaches a broad audience effectively as one of the quickest ways to drive traffic. From conferences and presentations to live product launches and customer Q&As, live-streaming events offer an immersive experience for viewers and unique engagement opportunities for marketers.
You can reach current followers and quickly establish genuine relationships with potential customers by live streaming on multiple platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
Your customers can tune in to watch live and leave notes and comments, allowing brands to engage with their customers in real-time.
Live streaming is an underrated opportunity to inform the community of your brand’s latest announcements. It might include product updates, exclusive events, and insider previews.
You can make viewers feel more connected to your brand by providing exclusive content.
Also, it works wonders if you want to capture valuable user-generated content. By asking viewers to share their thoughts and ideas, brands can get valuable feedback on improving their products and services. You can show off customer successes and encourage customer loyalty.
If you’re not already leveraging this powerful tool in your content marketing, consider adding it to your marketing toolbox.
As content marketing continues to grow and evolve, savvy marketers constantly look for new and innovative ways to engage their audience. Interactive content is a result of such innovation.
Interactive content has been proven to boost engagement, increase the time consumers spend on your site, and build customer relationships. It is also integral to converting leads into sales. To put it simply, interactive content works.
What Does Interactive Content Mean?
So, what exactly is interactive content, and how can your business benefit from it?
The interactive content format requires viewers to interact with it, usually through a visual or audio field. This type of content requires a higher level of engagement than traditional content. It typically leads to more sharing and interaction among viewers.
Furthermore, you can tailor it to fit the customer’s interests and needs.
Examples of interactive content include quizzes, surveys, polls, giveaways, contests, map-based experiences, and interactive videos. Additionally, interactive content such as games has successfully driven user engagement.
Benefits of Interactive Content
In addition to engaging viewers and generating leads, interactive content has numerous other benefits for your business.
- It can build your relationships with customers and help you learn more about their preferences to create more compelling content in the future.
- Interactive content also creates something unique and memorable. You can separate yourself from the ‘noise’ of other content.
- It’s especially effective in an environment where consumers are used to seeing the same content repeatedly.
Uses of Interactive Content
By incorporating interactive content into your content marketing strategy, you can create something that’s both fun and effective.
Interactive content can be used to capture leads, increase engagement, and build relationships with customers.
Keep this content format at the top of your list if you want to reach new audiences and keep them coming back.
Customer stories covering their experiences with your brand can engage your viewers, build loyalty and give you an edge over your competitors – and it’s a great content marketing strategy!
Sharing customer stories illustrate the impact that your products and services can have on people’s lives.
Rather than just sharing your unique story, customer stories allow you to show off the experiences of your other customers and how your service has changed the way they live, work and play.
What does it really do?
This content format helps build trust with potential customers, which can ultimately lead to conversions.
And because they show real-world examples and outcomes that customers can relate to, they can be more impactful than traditional promotional materials.
Plus, they come from real people, which means they’re inherently more trustworthy and believable.
Some Smart Ideas for Customer Stories
You can use customer stories in many different formats, such as blog posts, success stories, customer case studies, and customer testimonials.
By sharing these stories, you benefit from engaging, relatable content and make your customers feel valued and appreciated. Here are some ideas:
- Create a Case Study: Showcase the incredible ways your product has impacted a customer’s life or business.
- Showcase a Customer Success Story: Highlight a customer’s success and journey to get there.
- Listen to a Customer’s Voice: Collect direct customer feedback and highlight what they have to say about your product.
- Introduce a Customer Profile: Identify a customer who loves your product and share the unique story behind why and how they use it.
- Tackling the Challenges: Share a story of a customer using your product to successfully tackle an issue or project.
- A Happy Ending: Show how a customer’s story ends happily after using your product for a specific purpose.
- Achieving the Impossible: Introduce a customer who has completed the seemingly impossible through accurately using your product.
- Product to the Rescue: Share a customer story of how your product helped them solve an unexpected issue or challenge.
To create a lasting impact, consider giving your customers the spotlight and introducing customer stories into your content mix!
Infographics have proven successful as one of the most potent tools in content marketing. As a beautiful visual treat, it captures your audience’s attention and makes your content unique.
Infographics As a Content Format
Infographics are visually stimulating and informative, allowing us to quickly and easily digest complex data.
As a promising marketing tool, an infographic can make your content more dynamic and exciting.
It’s the perfect blend of art and science. With the right combination of attractive visuals, bold graphics, and concise text, your infographic will be shareable and easy to consume, creating a more memorable and lasting impression.
Why Are Infographics So Good?
Infographics represent data in an organized way, which significantly improves user experience.
They allow you to be creative with your content and give it the WOW factor that sets you apart from the competition.
The best part? You don’t have to be a pro designer to create a great infographic – it only takes creativity and basic layout know-how.
Benefits of Using Infographics
Using infographics can provide increased website traffic and leads, more PR opportunities, brand recognition, social media attention, and better SEO.
The key is to create an informative and memorable experience for your target audience.
Design an engaging infographic that captivates readers, provides practical information, and encourages them to share it.
It works best if you want to add a creative touch to your content and take an authoritative position in your market.
In this unpredictable online world, customer testimonials come to the rescue for online buyers.
Businesses can use it to boost their brand credibility since they come straight from those who have experienced your product or service.
From an authenticity standpoint, there’s no better way to get your message across than through your customers’ words.
How Do Testimonials Work?
So how can you craft effective customer testimonials in your content marketing? The key is to make them as genuine as possible while still delivering a clear, concise message.
- Focus on the customer’s experience, which will speak directly to your target audience.
- Your testimonials should value your customers and make them feel connected with your brand.
- Testimonials and reviews add a personal touch to your campaigns.
From social media posts to blog articles, customer testimonials are everywhere. Not only do they add a layer of authenticity to your messaging, but they can also help drive additional conversions.
Ultimately, these testimonials can lead to an even more significant return on investment for your business.
Podcasts are often an overlooked and highly underrated tool in the content marketing toolbox.
However, if you need more eyes, ears, and minds to tune in to your target market, podcasting is one of the most powerful content formats.
It’s here to stay, and experts predict it as a content format of the future.
Value in Using Podcasts
Podcasts are highly actionable pieces for an engaged listener committed to hearing your message.
Not only do you have an engaged audience, but the reach of podcasts can be incredibly broad thanks to their shareable nature – especially if you get the right people on your show speaking about the right topics.
From a business standpoint, podcasts open up a wide range of syndication opportunities, allowing you to get maximum exposure from your content.
Moreover, podcasts have been proven to be an effective lead generation tool, providing an exciting medium to market your products and services to your target customers.
GIFs & Memes
GIFs and memes are extremely popular, especially among Gen Z. Ever seen one of those ‘Distracted Boyfriend’ or ‘Y U No’ memes? Yes, there’s everywhere.
GIFs are short, looping animations that are often humorous. At the same time, memes are comic images, often accompanied by captions, that spread rapidly online.
How Do Businesses Use It?
Memes and GIFs add a fun and creative element to your content. These content formats get shared instantly and spread like wildfire.
Here are some common uses of memes and GIFs:
- GIFs create a visual, shareable element to your content. For example, if you’re discussing a complicated concept, you can use animation or GIF as a visual aid to explain the idea.
- GIFs with a humorous context can also draw in readers and keep them engaged.
- Memes can capture people’s attention and build brand recognition. People often think of the source when they see a GIF or meme. That makes it an excellent tool for promoting your brand and building recognition.
- With a catchy or humorous GIF, you can quickly establish your expertise in your field and create a memorable experience for your readers.
- Memes drive more traffic to your website. If you share an engaging, funny, or relatable GIF or meme, people are more likely to share it.
As more people share it, your content gains more visibility and traffic. Not only that, but Google Analytics also tracks GIFs so that you can measure the impact of their usage on your website.
User-generated content (UGC) has significantly added to the overall effectiveness of content marketing. It turned businesses like Buzzfeed into the giants they are today.
It can include snapshots of products, reviews, videos, and more. UGC is inexpensive, providing brands with an incredible amount of exposure for a fraction of the cost.
Additionally, UGC is consumer-friendly because it is produced by an average user who provides an honest and relevant opinion about the product, service, or brand.
Benefits of User-Generated Content
Having UGC as part of a content marketing strategy has numerous benefits, including:
- The content generated is authentic and organic. It can add to the overall authenticity and trustworthiness of the brand.
- UGC also allows brands to showcase real people using their products and to benefit from their services. That’s beneficial because individuals are more likely to engage with something when it has already been endorsed by someone they can relate to.
- UGC can also help save time for marketers, who may need more resources to produce their content.
- You can use it to generate more content for social media platforms, thus increasing a brand’s reach and engagement levels.
- It also presents an opportunity for marketers to build relationships with customers and create a sense of loyalty. When customers feel their content is being recognized, they will likely be more inclined to remain loyal to the brand.
Brands should continue to review their content strategies and make sure they are taking advantage of user-generated content.
Offering templates as part of your content marketing strategy is like providing ready-made solutions to your customers.
Templates can be used to provide comprehensive information about a variety of topics. They can be created as downloadable PDFs, MS Word documents, and other formats.
They can also include images, videos, infographics, and other visuals to make the content more engaging.
Such templates can be used for anything from business plans and marketing materials to product tutorials and customer support documents.
Benefits of Templates
Templates are an effective and inexpensive method to market your business and increase customer engagement. Here are some top benefits that often go unnoticed:
- Creating and giving away templates allows you to showcase your expertise in a particular subject matter and develop authority in the market.
- Additionally, having reusable templates customized for individual audiences or customers can help increase efficiency and save time.
- Templates are also a promising way to collect data on user behavior and your users’ personal information.
- By tracking which content readers consume and how they interact with the templates, you can gain valuable insights into your readers’ interests and preferences.
- This feedback can be used to refine your content strategy and ensure that you deliver relevant and engaging content to your target audience.
- You can re-purpose your templates to cross-promote different products and services in future campaigns.
- You can generate leads and build brand awareness by offering templates to your customers and prospects.
In summary, templates can demonstrate and showcase your company’s knowledge and expertise, collect valuable data from readers and help you refine and improve your content strategy.
Case studies show real-world applications of your product or service. By providing specialized, concrete examples of customer success stories, you can demonstrate to potential customers the tangible value your product or service can bring to their lives.
It’s a powerful way to show potential customers what your product can do for them instead of just telling them about it.
Furthermore, case studies allow you to present complex information in an interactive, relatable way, which can lead to higher levels of customer interest than more traditional content marketing methods.
The added detail of a case study allows you to demonstrate more effectively why customers should purchase your product or service instead of simply listing features and benefits.
In addition, case studies can serve as powerful trust symbols. You can build trust and confidence in your brand by showing customers how your product or service has helped others. Customers may be more likely to purchase your product or service if they see how it has positively impacted someone else.
As a result, you attract high-quality leads and conversions. Detailing a customer’s journey and showcasing your product or service can encourage potential customers to take the next step and purchase your product.
In conclusion, these content formats offer a fantastic ROI and an excellent way to promote your business while building brand equity. They promise improved customer engagement and trust, as well as higher conversions. By providing detail-rich content in the right format, marketers can demonstrate the full value of their products or services and inspire confidence and action in potential customers.